ADVANCED CLEANCYCLE12™ DESIGN
Save time and money with a Hoshizaki Ice Maker with CleanCycle 12™.
The CleanCycle 12™ design feature in Hoshizaki Flakers and other Ice Makers flush the reservoir and evaporator every 12 hours. This washes away impurities and minerals, producing cleaner ice. This feature ensures cleanliness of the ice maker, leading to less downtime for cleaning and maintenance.
- Reduces bearing auger and evaporator failures
- Reduces mineral build-up
- Improves sanitation and reliability
CYCLESAVER™ DESIGN FEATURE ON ICE MAKERS
The CycleSaver feature means that our ice machines produce the same quantity of ice in half as many cycles as competitor brands. Fewer cycles per day results in reduced energy consumption, cleaning and maintenance, leading to increased machine life (and greater profits!) So it will take a Hoshizaki ice machine 15 years to accumulate as many cycles as our competitors’ machines accumulate in 6 years!
ALERT! ALERT! EVERCHECK™ ALERT SYSTEM
Thanks to the EverCheck Alert System, your Hoshizaki ice machine will beep a different number of times at three second intervals, depending on what the problem is. In fact there are several audible alarms that you need to be aware of. There are 7 different conditions that signal improper operating conditions. Each conditions has a separate beeping pattern, ranging from 1 to 7 beeps, followed by a 3-second pause. The machine will continue the pattern until the condition that caused the alarm is resolved.
High Temperature Safety is activated. When the thermostat reaches a temperature of 127 degrees F, the ice machine will shut down, the alarm will go off and will lock it out on manual reset safety.Here are some reasons why the high temperature safety may be triggered:
- A problem with the HGV (Hot Gas Valve) or control board relay
- Hot water entering the unit
- Stuck HM (Head Master) on a remote air-cooled condenser
Two Beeps indicate a long Harvest Cycle
Reasons for a long Harvest Cycle:
- HGV is not opening
- Liquid line solenoid leaking
- Compressor issue
Three Beeps may indicate a long Freeze Cycle
The control board has shut down on the 60 minute freeze cycle back up timer to prevent the evaporator from freezing up.
Reasons why the harvest cycle wouldn’t start and the control board tried to start it twice in a row include:
- A float switch in the up position
- A slowly leaking or wide open inlet water valve, or scale buildup
- Thermostatic expansion valve issue
- Low refrigerant
- HGV not closing properly
Shorted K4 circuit. Relevant for the bin control of the KM-280, KM-500, KM-630 and KM-900. These are old models and are no longer sold by Hoshizaki.
Open K4 circuit. Relevant for the bin control of the KM-280, KM-500, KM-630 and KM-900. These are old models and are no longer sold by Hoshizaki.
Voltage being supplied to machine may be too low.. The unit will automatically reset and go back to working order once the proper voltage has been supplied.
Voltage being supplied to it is too high. Unit will shut down, and go back to working order once the proper voltage has been supplied.
Three final tips on this subject:
- Be sure to carefully record how many beeps there were.
- Preventative maintenance is key to making sure your equipment operates properly. Make sure you are keeping your ice machine clean and free of impurities such as scale while using the right kind of cleaning solution.
- Contact Whites WareHouse Hoshizaki Ice Machine expert today!